My doctor told me that they always test for syphilis if youre pregnant. Insulting?

Pathology

In brief: No insult intended

No one knows for certain what one's partner may have experienced.
And the test for syphilis is to protect your unborn child from the godawful consequences of congenital syphilis (photo) -- not (forgive me) to hurt anyone's delicate feelings. I know that deep inside, you know this already.

In brief: No insult intended

Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology

In brief: It is recommended.

The United States preventive services task force (uspstf) recommends universal screening of all pregnant women.
The world health organization recommends all women be tested at their first antenatal visit and in the third trimester. If positive, they say their partners be treated. This is done because congenital syphilis can be prevented by screening and treating mothers during early pregnancy.

In brief: It is recommended.

Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Doctors Care

No doctor offering the appropriate tests in prenatal care are in any way trying to be insulting or judging.
Doctor's know that there are diseases that can be fixed or treated before they cause life long consequences. This test is standard in prenatal care. The doctor is caring for your health and the health of your baby. Honestly.

In brief: Doctors Care

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Adam Levy