38yrs old and suddenly have bad acne. Had clear skin my entire life! Can rosacea look like acne, because it's not typical and how can I treat it?

Dr. Sharon Ann Clark
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Prednisone can cause

It appears that you are on Prendisone, an immunosuppressant.
Acne is often associated with bacteria near the oil producing cells of the skin. When on steroids, acne can start, and the skin care regimen may need to be changed. Hormones are affected by steroids, too, and new acne can develop. Rosacea, if that is the issue, is a difficult entity to eliminate but depends on careful diet and skin care.

In brief: Prednisone can cause

Dr. Sharon Ann Clark
Dr. Sharon Ann Clark