Waking with sore head blocked nose blowing nose and yellow fluid drains out. Gp says there's nothing they can do?

Find another Dr. Yellow discharge usually means infection, and may require antibiotics. In the meantime, I suggest Afrin nasal spray to shrink your nasal and sinus membranes, and open up your eustachian tubes. Also, get a cool mist humidifier, and fill it with one bottle of hydrogen peroxide and two bottles of water. The H2O2 will kill virus and bacteria on contact, and break down into harmless water and oxygen.