Should I avoid carbonated drinks during my pregnancy? I worry that it might cause my baby to burp.

Dr. Alysia Townsend

In brief: Water is best

Carbonated drinks pose no danger to the pregnancy other than potentially exposing you and your developing baby to an excess of calories, sugars or artificial sweeteners.
In early pregnancy certain carbonated drinks may help settle the stomach and help with nausea. In general, carbonated beverages may be a source of empty calories or excessive sweeteners and should be limited. Water is best.

In brief: Water is best

Dr. Alysia Townsend
Dr. Alysia Townsend
Dr. Padmavati Garvey

In brief: Water better

Your consumption of carbonated beverages will not cause your baby to burp.
You shoudl avoid them for other reasons though. Both regular and sugar-free carbonated beverages can cause weight gain. Stick to water.

In brief: Water better

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Jonathan Jassey