I'm getting tested for asthma soon, when will I know if I have it?

Dr. Sue Ferranti
In brief: Interpretation..,
The test needs to be interpreted by a pulmonary doctor and then the results will be sent to your doctor. That whole process can take a week or so.
Be sure to have a follow-up visit with your doctor so the results can be discussed and treatment or further testing, if needed, done.

In brief: Interpretation..,
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: Same day
The spirometery test or pulmonary function test can be done in your internists or family doctors office and results are immidiate after the test.
It can also be done in apulmonologists or allergists office you know it same day.

In brief: Same day
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology