Can an ovarian cyst or tumor cause you to have dark tarry blood in stools with abdominal distention and gas with pain?

Dr. Andrew Seibert
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Not usually.

The only way that this scenario could happen is if the tumor or ovarian cyst was connected to the digestive tract via an abnormal fistula.
This would be a highly unlikely event, and if you do have black tarry stools, I would instead suspect a problem in the upper digestive tract rather than in the ovaries. If this is occurring, go to your local emergency room immediately. Good luck.

In brief: Not usually.

Dr. Andrew Seibert
Dr. Andrew Seibert
Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology

In brief: A large

ovarian mass could cause distention or pain, but would not cause tarry stools.
Blood in the stool is usually the result of a GI abnormality, typically colon.

In brief: A large

Dr. Michael Gabor
Dr. Michael Gabor
Dr. Jane Van Dis