How to be fit?

Follow the following. Exercise most days of the week (aerobic work), eat fruits and vegetables liberally, limit saturated fats, increase fish and fish oil intake, have fiber with each meal, keep your weight in check, don't smoke at all or drink excessively (one or two drinks weekly). The lower the better on LDL and the higher the better on HDL.
Keep exercising... Successful diets require that a person stick to a plan for months or years, so easier goals & small milestones are good. He must be happy with the foods he gets to eat, so severe calorie restriction is not successful. Eat vegetables without adding sauces and oils, except for a little olive oil. Don't use clarified butter (it's animal fat) or eat too many egg yolks. Avoid sugar. Sugar is unhealthy.