I take Zyrtec (cetirizine) every morning to help with seasonal allergies and now cats. By bedtime I'm itchy and can't sleep. Is there something else I can take?

Dr. Richard Zimon

In brief: Try obtaining

12 hour EXTENDED action Zyrtec (cetirizine).
..use AM and before bed! If it helps in the day...should help again at night! Hope this helps! Dr Z

In brief: Try obtaining

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Where the itch?

Do mean the entire body itches? Do you have a cat? If yes , does the cat sleeps in your bed or bedroom? The best approach is avoidance.
However you may try taking another Zyrtec (cetirizine) in the evening to see if this helps. If you do have a cat, either get rid of it or consult an allergist.

In brief: Where the itch?