Teen nutrition and exercise app anyone?

In brief: See below

I am not an expert on exercise, nutrition, or apps.
In looking up news stories on reportedly good nutrition and exercise apps, here is a link to an example of what may exist. See if it helps you. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/22/fitness-weight-loss-nutrition-apps_n_1371705.html#s803229&title=striiv.

In brief: See below

Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. Pam Yoder
Thanks for the link to an interesting review.
Pathology

In brief: Better idea

The best gift you can give your teenager is yourself.
If you're a parent, set an example by healthy eating and exercising -- perhaps with junior as a participant. I would have given anything to have done more fitness with my dad. If you're a teen, find a genuine friend or two who enjoy healthy (not fad) eating and an aerobic sport you enjoy. Who needs an "app" in a world with real people?

In brief: Better idea

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Apps r gr8 but irl

Mobile apps can trigger a response, reward a behavior, allow monitoring progress.
They can do what was done in the past by people and/or pencil and paper. That's all. The awareness of the need to change, motivation to do something, and sweat and effort need to come from the teen irl. I will post in comments apps which, at the time, seem good. Do noted that they often go through revamping, however.

In brief: Apps r gr8 but irl

Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Cindy Juster