I'm 12 weeks pregnant and so far I've only seen my normal family doctor. He check fetal heart rate but that's it, should I be seeing anyone else?

I suggest "yes" Unless your family doctor has an active obstetrical practice - delivers babies and sees patents for prenatal care - you need to start seeing an OBGyn or provider who doe these things. In some communities family docs do obstetrics, but unless yours is one of them, you now need an OB doctor, not just a "doctor." Good wishes.