Uses for tamsulosin?

Urinary tract. Tamsulosin, also known under the name flomax, (tamsulosin) is a drug designed to relax smooth muscle cells of the urinary tract. Its approved use is to improve urination in prostate enlargement (bph). It has been shown to improve urinary symptoms, or ipss score. It is also used to help pass kidney stones by relaxing the ureter. It is also used, at times, as an adjunct in the treatment of chronic prostatitis.
BPH. Helps open prostate. Previously used to lower blood pressure but now only for enlarged prostate.