What happens if you overdose on miralax (polyethylene glycol)?

= Colonoscopy prep. Miralax (polyethylene glycol) is essentially a small dose of oral lavage widely prescribed for years in preparation for colonoscopy. The drug is not generally absorbed, so more taken means more of it available to promote bowel evacuation. An "overdose" of MiraLAX (polyethylene glycol) approaches the dose that optimally cleanses the colon for colonoscopy as something called "MiraLAX (polyethylene glycol) prep." don't "od" on your own--see doctor for right dose.