I've been sexually active for over a year now but I still bleed after intercourse, any idea why?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: See doctor or clinic

I agree with Dr. Coldwater's reply, and would add that spotting after sex can be a sign of STD, especially gonorrhea or chlamydia -- also cervicitis (inflammation of the cervix), not necessarily an STD.
The main thing is to see a health professional for exam and testing. If you have a regular male partner, it might be resonable for him to have STD testing as well. Good luck!

In brief: See doctor or clinic

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Hunter Handsfield

In brief: See your doctor

There are several possibilities.
If your partner's penis is bumping against your cervix, it may cause bleeding or pain. If you are using latex condoms, you may be reacting to that, or to a spermicide or lubricant. You may have an infection. See your doctor to make sure

In brief: See your doctor

There are several possibilities.
Dr. CHERYL COLDWATER
Dr. CHERYL COLDWATER
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham