Is it possible to die from overdosing on gummy vitamins?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine
In brief: No- unless with iron
The only ingredient potentially found in gummy vitamins that could cause a lethal overdose is iron.
However, most gummy vitamins do not contain iron- i actually searched quite a bit and could not find any. This is likely to prevent overdose problems. And if they did you would have to take a huge amount- a lethal dose is at least 60 mg/kg, so an overdose for a 50 lb person would be about 1400 mg.

In brief: No- unless with iron
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
To clarify a bit more, I searched online to see if any gummy vitamins contained iron. I could not find any and found several discussion forums where people were complaining that they could not find gummies with iron. Because kids might eat gummy vitamins like candy, I am guessing the manufacturers have decided it is too dangerous to include iron and don't in order to prevent overdoses.