Im 18 years old and I have asthma. I might be overdosing on the xopenex (levalbuterol)?

Dr. Paul Carter
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: More than 2x/ week
If you need your xopenex (levalbuterol) more than 2 times per week then your asthma is poorly controlled and you need a controller medication such as flovent, asmanex, or qvar. See your doctor.

In brief: More than 2x/ week
Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Charlene Sojico
In brief: You should not be
Overdosing on xopenex (levalbuterol) if you are taking it as prescribed 1-2 puffs every 6-8 hours! you have probably been taking this for quite sometimes leading you to think that you have overdosed on the medicine.
I would suggest adding an inhaled steroid as a maintenance & use xopenex (levalbuterol) as your rescue inhaler. Very important that you continue your meds for three months, re-evaluate.Sooner if w acute attack!

In brief: You should not be
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Nela Cordero
In brief: Bronchial Asthma
If you use xopenex (levalbuterol) more than the prescribed dose you will have the effects of tachycardia or rapid heart rate, tremors or shaking with nervousness, then you have to see your md !

In brief: Bronchial Asthma
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology