I use insulin 4+ times a day sometimes I see blood where I inject what would happen if I accidently inject insulin in my blood stream, would my blood sugars drop to fast and to low, and I may blackout. I try not to but what if?

Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Diabetes

At your age you most likely have type 2 diabetes and, if so, your goal should be to get rid of diabetes.
No you won't blackout! Improve your diet . Go online to "NuVal" and learn a lot about good, not so good, and bad for you foodstuff. Also start a regular exercise program. Done properly type 2 diabetes can be beaten!

In brief: Diabetes

Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Dr. Jalal Zuberi

In brief: Little chance

Even if you accidentally hit a small capillary with your subcutaneous insulin needle, the chance of it becoming an IV injection is quite slim. In many diabetic patients who get admitted for poor BS control, Insulin is given IV, although its dosing and schedule is different.

In brief: Little chance

Dr. Jalal Zuberi
Dr. Jalal Zuberi
Dr. Stanley Schwartz
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Not a worry

your breaking tiny skin vessels-won't get significant insulin into blood stream by doing so

In brief: Not a worry

Dr. Stanley Schwartz
Dr. Stanley Schwartz
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology