Is there any special nutritional support for ovarian cysts?

Dr. Gerard Honore
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Ovarian cysts
Nope, it would be nice if there was.
Unless you consume a diet high in phyto-estrogens (for example), your diet will not affect ovarian function at all. Even if you do consume plant Estrogens and the like, it will affect your cycle in an unpredicatble way, not as 'support.'.

In brief: Ovarian cysts
Nope, it would be nice if there was.
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Nicole Bullock
i do believe that sugar and grains also contribute to hormone imbalance. my eliminating sugar and grains, your hormones fall in to place and your ovaries will start to behave themselves. even if you don't have true pcos or full blown pcos you will still benefit from what stefani ruper writes ... www.pcosunlocked.com or www.paleoforwomen.com
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine
In brief: Healthy diet
There is a lot of dietary advice for ovarian cysts, though I have found little research to support it.
Common advice is to avoid sugar and simple carbs, emphasize fruits & vegies, esp. Dark leafy greens, & minimize meats & dairy, esp. If not organic (to avoid hormones & antibiotics in meats). Some advise an alkaline diet & foods rich in phytoestrogens. See my comments for more information & links:.

In brief: Healthy diet
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
While there is not a lot of research to support these ideas, they make sense and may prove to be helpful. Cruciferous vegies which contain DIM may also be helpful. For more info see http://www.askanaturopath.com/faqs/ovarian-cysts/p/173 and http://www.thehealthguide.org/ovarian-cyst/what-is-the-ovarian-cyst-diet/
Dr. Shivinder Deol
Anti-Aging Medicine
Ovarian cysts are due to excess Insulin and iodine deficiency.
So taking nutrients that help control Insulin including chromium, cinnamon, thiamine and such are helpful plus additional iodine.

Dr. Shivinder Deol
Dr. Shivinder Deol
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: If PCOS...
It is a part of metabolic syndrome usually.
Woen with pcos need to adhere to a low glycemic lifestyle, not only to improve this situation, but the other issues, high blood pressure. Dyslipidemia, diabetes, thaat can be around the bend! proper nutritional support is essential.

In brief: If PCOS...
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham