Second DVT in left leg. Finished warfarin treatment. On Aspirin because doing full contact sports. How to prevent future clots?

Dr. Anita Prakash
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Avoid sedentary

That you have had a second thrombus in your left leg vein first of all is concerning to me.
At your young age, I hope you have been seen by a hematologist to make sure that there is not an underlying predisposition to DVTs....that is, blood dyscrasia, malignancy, etc. Further you ought not to be on OCP nor use any tobacco products for secondary prevention. Not sure how health system in Wales work

In brief: Avoid sedentary

Dr. Anita Prakash
Dr. Anita Prakash
Dr. Joe Golowa
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: Left leg dvt

I would consider getting evaluated for a May turner given your second left leg dvt.
This is a functional iliac vein instruction in the left side that can sometimes be found in young women. If there is an obstruction that can be addressed, chances of recurrent dvt would be decreased.

In brief: Left leg dvt

Dr. Joe Golowa
Dr. Joe Golowa
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine