For oncologists, I am a pharmacist I want to know Invasive ductal carcinoma in which stage of breast cancer ?

In brief: Could be any stage

Once invasive could be any stage depending on spread in a " in situ " cancer ( Stage 0 )the cancer cells are staying in side the duct , almost like sleeping inside milk dicts ( dormant ) once they break out from limiting ( holding ) membrane and comes our of duct then termed as invasive cancer the staging begins like Stage I and on to other stages .
II , III . IV .Good Luck in your profe

In brief: Could be any stage

II , III . IV .Good Luck in your profe
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Steven Hebert
Pathology

In brief: Invasive ductal CA

Invasive ductal refers only to the type of tumor. Stage involves lymph node sampling and size of tumor. Please read the info on this link: http://www.
cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/breast/healthprofessional/page3

In brief: Invasive ductal CA

Dr. Steven Hebert
Dr. Steven Hebert
Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: It is a cancer

The stage depends on the size of the tumor as well as involvement of lymph nodes in the axilla.
It is at least stage 1 cancer but could be higher stage if the nodes are positive or the tumor is bigger than 2cm.

In brief: It is a cancer

Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Sewa Legha
Pathology

In brief: 1 or more

Once the tumor has turned invasive, there is a possibility that it will cause death, so that it needs a stage of at least one.
Some of the preinvasive lesions get a zero. Only when it's been determined how far the cancer has gotten can we narrow in on the exact stage. The oncologists will tell you the same.

In brief: 1 or more

Dr. Jane Van Dis