My daughter has a pimple in her armpit that doesn't bother her for 4 weeks. Should I do anything?

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
I forgot to say an important detail.
My daughter is 11 months old. I ended up taking her to the pediatrician and they referred me to the dermatologist for her. The dermatologist diagnosed her with molluscum contagiosum and was immediately treated. She is all fine now. Good thing i took her to see the doctor.

I forgot to say an important detail.
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Kevin Rodbell
Encourage her to gently wash the area with soap on a daily basis.
Older girls should avoid shaving. And avoid the temptation to "pop it"--that will only increase the likelihood of infection. If she doesn't pick at it, it may go away on its own. However, it can become infected even if she does not pick at it, so monitor for signs of infection (redness, increasing size, tenderness, or drainage).

Dr. Kevin Rodbell
Dr. Kevin Rodbell
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: No
I would make no effort to remove it at home until you have checked with your pediatrician.

In brief: No
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
In brief: No
Leave it alone.

In brief: No
Leave it alone.
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Cindy Juster