The last 3 nights I wake up with bad cough and sore throat I have no fever and some cough during the day worse at night?

Viral URI. Most likely you have a viral upper respiratory infection. These tend to last 7-10 days before your immune system has cleared it. If you have sinus pressure or pain in your forehead or around your face you may have a sinus infection also. Saltwater gargles and zinc lozenges may help your throat. If symptoms worsen or last longer than 10 days see your Dr.
A few possibilities. Despite no fever there is a possibility that this is an upper respiratory tract infection. Cough variant asthma is also possible. Since this seems to occur more at night it is possible that this is related to gastroesophageal reflux which happen more when laying flat and can cause a cough. Diet change or acid blocking med may help. Either way you should be evaluated by a physician.