2 doctors weighed in:

Is DMSO a neurotoxin?

2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Steven Beer
Neurosurgery
1 doctor agrees

In brief: Low toxicity

Dmso can be toxic at high doses.
The compound is useful clinically as a topical treatment for diseases such as arthritis and it has also been used internally for problems like interstitial cystitis. The chemical is readily absorbed into tissue which can result in high levels rapidly and other chemicals can more easily enter tissue when applying dmso.

In brief: Low toxicity

Dmso can be toxic at high doses.
The compound is useful clinically as a topical treatment for diseases such as arthritis and it has also been used internally for problems like interstitial cystitis. The chemical is readily absorbed into tissue which can result in high levels rapidly and other chemicals can more easily enter tissue when applying dmso.
Dr. Steven Beer
Dr. Steven Beer
Thank
Read more answers from doctors