Can you take Zophran to help with the nausea from lexapro (escitalopram)?

Dr. Charles Turck
Pharmacology

In brief: Not recommended

If it’s that you have a supply from a previous prescription, I can’t recommend that you take this without supervision.
While a one-time dose likely would not hurt, the two drugs *do* interfere with the electrical conduction in your heart. Nausea from Lexapro (escitalopram) goes away within a couple of weeks; what would be far better is letting your prescriber know and coming up with an alternative together.

In brief: Not recommended

Dr. Charles Turck
Dr. Charles Turck
Dr. Ward Dean
Anti-Aging Medicine

Zophran may help.
Alternatively, you might try Ginger, available from a health food store or grocery store. Ginger is one of the best anti-nausea substances there is. For your GERD, I recommend mastic gum, 1,000 mg per day for two - three weeks. It will kill H. Pylori, and heal gastric and duodenal ulcers. And you can stop taking a lot of your stomach drugs.

Zophran may help.
Dr. Ward Dean
Dr. Ward Dean
Dr. Eric Weisman