Ive been on the previfem (norgestimate and ethinyl estradiol) 2 years+.Period norm lasts 3-4 days and isnt heavy.Last time only lasted 2 days and was very light.should I be concerned?

Dr. David Kurss

In brief: You are fine!

One of the benefits of a birth control pill, in addition to preventing pregnancy, is its effect on the duration, heaviness, and discomfort of the menstrual cycle.
The pill, over time, will usually make the menses shorter, lighter, and less uncomfortable. Not infrequently, women may actually have no menses - which can be quite desirable and not harmful. Be well.

In brief: You are fine!

Dr. David Kurss
Dr. David Kurss
Dr. Douglas Lawson

In brief: Menses

The pill might eventually cause your period to stop and this is healthy, but in teens I always worry that they might have missed a pill or two during their cycle.
Check a pregnancy test just to be safe. If negative you might just now be at the point where your period is lightening from pill use.

In brief: Menses

Dr. Douglas Lawson
Dr. Douglas Lawson
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham