What happens during a nasal septum repair?

Opens nasal airway. A deviated septum is crooked cartilage and bone inside the nose that causes blockage of the airway. The surgery involves straightening or perhaps some removal of the obstructing structures. This is typically all done from the inside without any visible scars.
See below. The crooked parts of the bone and cartilage are removed and the mucous membranes are left behind. This is done through your nostrils so there are no cuts on the outside.
Deviated septum. A deviated septum is a common issue. It can be corrected through septoplasty and brought back to the midline by techniques to remove deviated cartilage. If there are symptoms like nasal obstruction, snoring or recurrent sinusitis, have your nose evaluated by a board certified otolaryngologist.
Incision inside. Incision inside the nostril then the membranes over the cartilage and bone are raised, the bent portions are removed, reshaped, or replaced with straight pieces and the incisions are closed.