What is the difference between naprelan and naproxen ?

Dr. Marc Zimmermann

In brief: The name

Naproxen is the generic name and Naprelan (naproxen) is the trade name.

In brief: The name

Dr. Marc Zimmermann
Dr. Marc Zimmermann
Dr. David Rosenfeld
I totally disagree with Dr. Zimmermann. There are significant differences. See my answer
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management

In brief: Alot

Naprelan (naproxen) is specifically formulated so that 30% of the drug is released right away and the rest (70%) is slowly released throughout the day.
Naprelan (naproxen) also offers the intestinal protective drug absorption system. This allows the drug to break apart and be absorbed throughout the digestive system. This helps prevent too much of the drug from settling in 1 area of the stomach or intestines.

In brief: Alot

Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld