Sinus headache or migraine? nausea too.

Dr. Mark Fisher
Neurology

In brief: Migraine

I hear it all the time: "I got sinus, doc.
" They're wrong. That's a myth perpetrated back in the decades of "postnasal drip" i.e. the 50s & 60s by the advertisers of Dristan. 99% of all "sinus" headaches - aren't. They're mostly migraines. If you have radiological proof of sinusitis and your pain goes away if it's treated, then you're entitled to the diagnosis of sinus headaches. Otherwise, not.

In brief: Migraine

Dr. Mark Fisher
Dr. Mark Fisher
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Midface Migraine

Although migraine is usually considered a headache, it can also present as pain in the teeth, jaw and/or the maxillary sinus which often confuses the diagnosis.
When this presentation occurs, it is referred to as facial or midface migraine.

In brief: Midface Migraine

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Eric Weisman