I have 3 dark purple spots that look like blood blisters on my lingual tonsils, should I worry this is cancer? Have had a sore throat for 3 weeks.

Dr. Myron Arlen
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: No

The tonsils are subject to a great deal of inflammation under certaincirdcumstances.
Where there are the occassional cases of malignancy developing it is either from squamous malignancy or lymphoma. Neither present as hemmorhagic areas. The latter can occur when there is some bleeding into the tonsil because of proximity to the underlying intermal caroltid artery. Warm gargles should help.

In brief: No

Dr. Myron Arlen
Dr. Myron Arlen