I was told recently that I have IgA nephropathy. What are the treatments and complications? What to avoid? (eating or activities) Thank you very much!

Dr. Krupa Rajur
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Bergers Dz

Ig A nephropathy can be benign in 1/3rd patients, in the other 1/3rd ,it can cause a small drop in kidney function, give rise to some protein in urine and raise BP years later, in the remaining 1/3rd patients ,it can cause persistent drop in kidney function, give rise to elevated protein in urine and cause rise in BP.
It can be controlled with medications. Avoid longterm nsaids, fish oil can help.

In brief: Bergers Dz

Dr. Krupa Rajur
Dr. Krupa Rajur
Dr. Steven Seres