Asymptomatic Microscopic hematuria in urine at least 2yrs. No protein Urologist did cystoscopy. Nothing. Said idiopathic. Causes? Please be specific.

Microscopic hematuria. It could be a benign condition, Ig A nephropathy or thin basement membrane disease. Make sure bp is normal and kidney function is stable. Other reasons could be other glomerulonephritides, but they usually give rise to protein in the urine. Some people have have kidney cysts or small kidney stones but they also give rise to frank blood in urine.