Who should follow low fiber diet?

Colitis. People with active inflammation in the intestines or colon=- such as those with crohn's colitis or diverticulitis should follow a low fiber diet. The fiber can worsen the inflammation.
Almost no one. Our digestive tract, and especially the colon, is designed to be a low-pressure system. Lack of fiber results in delayed bowel transit time, constipation, and a myriad of problems, including diverticulitis, diverticulosis, appendicitis, colon cancer, and just feeling lousy. We need enough fiber to have at least one easy bowel movement every day.