I've been on mircette (ethinyl estradiol and desogestrel) birth control pills for 9 years with no period in 3 years. Is this ok?

No peroid on mircett. Yes, the longer you take a birth control pill and take it regularly, the lighter your period may become and eventually disappear. If you even spot one day during the proper time, it is considered a period. You have nothing to worry about. If you would like to have a period your dr. May prescribe some other hormones to take with your Mircette (ethinyl estradiol and desogestrel) and induce a cycle.