Ok why is it a good idea to remove your wisdom teeth?

That May Depend. To remove or not remove wisdom teeth will depend upon the position of the teeth, any existing problems the wisdom teeth may be causing or potential for problems, as well as your age and development of the wisdom teeth. Your dentist and/or surgeon can advise you of why you should or should not have them removed after an exam and appropriate x-rays.
Reduce damage. Generally reduced risk for infections, damage or loss of second molar teeth, limit teeth shifting and crowding, reduced risk for gum disease are a few reasons to consider removal of wisdom teeth not in proper positions.