Will a mini tummy tuck remove stretch marks?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Yes but limited

Stretch marks located on the lower half of your bebelow rom 4 inches below the umbilicus to the pubic hair line will be removed.

In brief: Yes but limited

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
See this video about the different types of tummy tucks: by clicking the link below: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjMeR5B5bX4&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Dr. Richard Tholen
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Yes, but only some!

Mini-anything gives mini results.
Everyone wants a short(er) scar but also want maximum stretch mark removal. These are incompatible goals, like wanting to get all the way to a location but only using half the gas! most patients who want a mini really need a regular tummy tuck, and appreciate the honesty of an accurate experienced consultation. A bad mini may not be converted to a good tummy tuck!

In brief: Yes, but only some!

Mini-anything gives mini results.
Dr. Richard Tholen
Dr. Richard Tholen
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
General Practice

In brief: Consult your surgeon

I would consult your plastic surgeon regarding the specifics of the surgery and be sure to ask all your questions.
Wishing you the best.

In brief: Consult your surgeon

Wishing you the best.
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. John Di Saia
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Mini means "LIte"

Mini tummy tuck surgery is often limited in its results.
I do far fewer of them than i did in years gone by for this reason. Patients are frequently not impressed with the results of a mini, certainly not like they are with those of the larger full tummy tuck.

In brief: Mini means "LIte"

Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Limited

A mini tummy tuck will remove some stretch marks in the lower abdomen.

In brief: Limited

Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Alex Lechtman
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Yes but not many

A mini tummy tuck does remove the stretch marks from roughly your hair line to about half way up to the belly button.
Most women who want a mini, really need a full tummy tuck. Most candidates for a mini are looking for a flatter lower abdomen after a c-section. Talk with a plastic surgeon who can go through with you the advantages of a mini vs. A full. Good luck.

In brief: Yes but not many

Dr. Alex Lechtman
Dr. Alex Lechtman