I have been diagnosed with femoral hernia in right groin region. I had c-section in Aug'14. which surgery would be fine for me (laproscopy or open)?

In brief: Laparoscopic

for a femoral hernia laparoscopic repair has definitely showed superiority over open .
The recurrence rate for open is still too high the laparoscopic repair have less than 5% recurrence comparing to 35% for open and pain is definitely less with laparoscopic than open This information only apply to the femoral hernia

In brief: Laparoscopic

Dr. M. Hytham Beck
Dr. M. Hytham Beck
Dr. Laurentiu Boeru
Choose the surgeon wisely. It is a difficult procedure, and I would allow on me only a surgeon that has had a lot of experience not only in laparoscopic surgery but in laparoscopic femural hernia repair. Ask specifically how many of femural laparoscopic repairs did he perform. More than 15 is OK. The success and recurrence depend on his skills
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau

In brief: Femoral Hernia

that is a question best left to you and your surgeon based on your medical history, his preference and experience .
Please discuss the risks and benefits with your surgeon and make a decision together.

In brief: Femoral Hernia

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery