How do I decide if I should get lipo or a mini tummy tuck?

It depends. Both are body contouring procedures. Liposuction is generally intended for focal areas of adiposity. Tummy tuck addresses both focal adiposity and sagging skin.
The more loose skin. You can grab, the more likely you should have a tummy tuck. Best to see a board-certified plastic surgeon to figure out which operation would be best for you.
C A plastic surgeon. Schedule a consult with a plastic surgeon to review your options or review the video on my tummy tuck page at bodysculptor.Com to see the different procedures.
Skin Vs Fat. Tummy tuck addresses excess skin and fat while liposuction only addresses fat. Seek consultation with a plastic surgeon for more information.
Mini TT vs lipo. Each procedure addresses different concerns. Liposuction removes stubborn fat that exercise and healthy nutrition can't repair. A mini tummy tuck tightens the abdominal muscle and/or excises loose skin. An experienced cosmetic or plastic surgeon must evaluate the abdomen to determine if excess skin, stubborn fat or both are the issues to select the procedure that meets your goals.
After Consultation. Seek consultation with well experienced, ethical, board-certified plastic surgeons. Discuss your goals, treatment options, as well as potential risk/complications associated with each option. If in doubt, seek multiple opinions. Also, be careful about recommendations that seem “too good to be true”.
Ask your surgeon. Your plastic surgeon should be able to help you here. We don't just do operations. We can offer guidance about what should work best. :).
See a plastic surg. If there is excess skin, stretch marks, or muscle laxity, a tummy tuck is better indicated.
Depends on desires. Liposuction works well if you have localized fat and minimal or no hanging skin. It won't correct a large "bulge" in the abdomen or hanging skin. A mini tummy tuck will correct some excess skin and bulge but just the lower part of the lower abdomen. If you have a bulge above your belly button and stretch marks to your belly button, you need a full tummy tuck.