Is 35 too young to get a a mid-face lift?

Dr. Brian Maloney
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Midface lift
As someone who did a lot of lecturing and writing on the midface lift 20 years ago, i will tell you.
I rarely perform the procedure anymore because of the advances in long term fillers such as fat, juvederm and sculptra. Patients can often achieve similar results by filling as opposed to undergoing a surgical procedure.

In brief: Midface lift
Dr. Brian Maloney
Dr. Brian Maloney
Dr. Edwin Ishoo
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Mid-face lift
The info we have states you are 44.
If you have sagging of midface and the best procedure to achieve the cosmetic goal is a midface lift then 44 or 35 is not too young.

In brief: Mid-face lift
The info we have states you are 44.
Dr. Edwin Ishoo
Dr. Edwin Ishoo
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Midfacelift
there is no set age for a midfacelift.
Your best bet would be to have your face evaluated by a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

In brief: Midfacelift
there is no set age for a midfacelift.
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: It would be rare
To see a 35 year old who needs this procedure.
Have you considered using facial fillers instead? Much simpler, less expensive, and reversible.

In brief: It would be rare
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Anthony Perkins
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Not too young.
Age is not the most important characteristic for a mid-face lift.
The patient's facial characteristics, degree of ptosis of cheek region are the determinants of whether a mid-face lift is the proper procedure.

In brief: Not too young.
Dr. Anthony Perkins
Dr. Anthony Perkins
Dr. Andrew Pichler
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Mid facelift
Age is not the determinant factor. If you are healthy and and do have noticeable cheek ptosis (drop) then go ahead and do it.

In brief: Mid facelift
Dr. Andrew Pichler
Dr. Andrew Pichler
Dr. Alan Durkin
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Not at all
One of our more common procedures in younger patients.
I recommend that it be done in conjunction with structural fat grafting the mid face, as this commonly produces outstanding results.

In brief: Not at all
Dr. Alan Durkin
Dr. Alan Durkin
Dr. David Sherris
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: No
A mid face lift can be done in your thirties if the fatty tissue in your cheeks has descended or was never as high as you liked.

In brief: No
Dr. David Sherris
Dr. David Sherris
Dr. Michael Kulick
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Mid-face lift
My first reaction to your question is.
..YES, it is too soon for such a procedure. Having said this, I did a "re-do" facelift on a woman who had a facelift at 35 y/o and was unhappy with the scars and final result. To accurately asses your concerns, you would need to have a face to face consultation.

In brief: Mid-face lift
My first reaction to your question is.
Dr. Michael Kulick
Dr. Michael Kulick
Dr. Minas Constantinides
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Midface Lift Age
Midface lifting at 35 is young but not unheard of.
Many doctors use injectables to fill the midface instead of surgery, but at this age fillers really only mask the problem. Midface lifts actually reposition the tissues of the midface to a higher level and are excellent for patients who have adequate volume, just have it in the wrong places.

In brief: Midface Lift Age
Dr. Minas Constantinides
Dr. Minas Constantinides
Dr. Rian Maercks
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: No
The indication for a surgical procedure has little to do with numerical age but rather with physical findings.
Mid face lifts can be useful in the rare patient with appropriate findings but should be subtle to avoid creating an unnatural and discontinuous appearing face.

In brief: No
Dr. Rian Maercks
Dr. Rian Maercks
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Maybe but depends
In general, this is a very young age to perform a facelift, yet on occasion I have performed this on town35 year olds who experienced massive weight loss and facial volume loss.
I general, i would now approach this with fillers and save a mid face lift for later in life.

In brief: Maybe but depends
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Not always
There is not a minimum age for face lift procedures.
You should be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon. If you have excess skin and drooping of the midface you might be a candidate. At your age you might be a good candidate for fillers or fat injections.

In brief: Not always
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Face Lift Age
There is no minimum age for a facelift procedure.
However, at your age, you likely still have good skin texture and you may do just fine with fillers such as juvaderm or botox. However, I do perform brow lifts on many women in their 40's. Read more about brow lift here: http://www.Cosmeticsurg.Net/procedures/browlift.Php dr. Ricardo rodriguez baltimore, maryland.

In brief: Face Lift Age
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez