Fevers off and on a week. Severe back and head pain. Temp hit 103 today. Slept 18 hours. Neck feels like meningitis . Why intermittent fever??

Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Internal Medicine - Hospital-based practice

In brief: Get seen quick by MD

Fevers happen when "foreign" stuff (bacteria, viruses, malaria) get into the blood stream. If just the cells of an organ are affected, but the infection is nt in the blood, u may not have a fever. Viruses cause low-grade fever (max 101 deg F) but yours sounds worse & more severe.
Untreated meningitis is deadly w/i 24 hrs, if that's what u have. It may b smething else, but get seen quickly. Thanks.

In brief: Get seen quick by MD

Dr. Sari Nabulsi

In brief: Neck pain

I am not sure what do you mean that your neck feels like meningitis.
If you bend you neck, can you chin touches your chest? If not, you need to see your doctor immediately.The intermitent fever could be you body is trying to fight the infection or you are taking tylenol (acetaminophen) or motrin.

In brief: Neck pain

Dr. Eric Weisman