Should I feed my baby more if he is under weight?

Dr. Lisa Roberts
If your doctor deems that your baby is underweight for his height, the best solution is to try to feed more.
If your baby is still in the infant stage, adding some additional breastfeeding sessions during the day (or formula) is a great option. If your baby is already consuming tablefoods, more healthy higher calorie foods will do the trick (baby food is not very high in calories, unfortunately).

Dr. Lisa Roberts
Dr. Lisa Roberts
Dr. Kevin Windisch
If your baby is falling off the growth chart your pediatrician may have you increase the caloric density of formula or breast milk as well as increase the volume of breast milk.
This is a very dangerous situation and needs to be followed closely by your pediatrician.

Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Kevin Windisch