Flu for 5 days despite of flu shot. Still have fever, aches, chills, no appetite, mild cough, headache, exhaustion. Still contagious? How long?

See your doctor. One of the biggest problems from the flu is the chance of secondary bacterial infections, including sinusitis and pneumonia. Fever for 3-4 days can be normal, but with 5 days of it, it is time to be seen. You are contagious for 5-7 days after the onset of symptoms. If you have shortness of breath, dizziness, blurry vision, go to the ER. The vaccine only protects 60% of folks.