I have extra genetic mutations for breast cancer & heart failure What's the likelihood that these genes will turn on & can I use diet to keep them off?

Dr. Matthew Fero
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Complex genetics

Recommendations on gene mutations are best given by a medical geneticist, who needs a detailed understanding of the exact test that you had done and the detailed results.
Many gene mutations cause a loss of function so you don't necessarily want to turn off the mutated gene. Modern genetics is discovering many genetic markers that convey only small risk of disease, and may require no treatment.

In brief: Complex genetics

Dr. Matthew Fero
Dr. Matthew Fero
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery