Is COPD a common lung disease?

Yes... There are different forms of COPD but, in general, it is a pretty common disease, usually caused by smoking. It is not curable so avoiding smoking is needed to prevent the disease. If you smoke, quitting will decrease your risk and decrease symptoms if already diagnosed with copd.
Yes. Unfortunately, yes. It's the outcome of years of smoking typically. Eventually, putting all of those pollutants into lungs has a consequence.
Yes. COPD is not only a relatively common disease it can seriously affect the quality and length of someones life. It affects approximately 2 million people in the us and accounts for over 100, 000 deaths each year. The number one cause is cigarette smoking.
Yes. More people have asthma bit more people die of copd. It is on the rise and although the influence of smoke is not questioned the rise in prevalence suggsets that other environmental factor also contribute. Women are now outnumbering men with this diagnosis!
Yes. It is probably more common than we know since many americans are undiagnosed at this time. Approximately ten million have severe disease and it is the third leading cause of death. Asthma is more prevalent but not as deadly.