Is menest (esterified estrogens) a bioidentical hormone?

No. Menest (esterified estrogens) consists of esterified Estrogens such as sodium estrone sulfate and sodium equilin sulfate. Bioidentical estrogen would be pricipally estradiol, as well as estrone and estriol.
Menest (esterified estrogens) Menest (esterified estrogens) is NOT a bio-identical hormone. It is a combination of estrogenic substances derived primarily from pregnant mare urine. Bio-identical estrogen is chemically identical to what is produced by a human female, which Menest (esterified estrogens) is not.
No. Menest (esterified estrogens) is, however, plant based and relatively inexpensive compared to other synthetic hormone replacement regimens. Like most HRT estrogens, it is converted into estrone in the liver. Estrone is the estrogen produced in peripheral body fat of postmenopausal women. Obese women have higher rates of breast, colon & uterine cancer. Estrone may be the cancerogenic estrogen everyone talks about.