I had a teeth cleaning and I have a broken tooth in the back where dentist said it looks like leukoplakia don't know what to do he told me to smoking?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Leukoplakia

Leukoplakia is a term that simply means a white patch and is usually a response to irritation.
The irritation may be from a broken or sharp tooth or from the effects of smoking or ingesting alcohol. Because it may be precancerous or cancerous, it needs to be evaluated by an oral surgeon. This requires a test, usually a biopsy. Regardless limit your use of alcohol and STOP smoking.

In brief: Leukoplakia

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Reed Day
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Leaukoplakia

Leukoplakia, aka "White patch" can be an early sign of a precancerous lesion.
This should be biopsied at an oral surgeons office.

In brief: Leaukoplakia

Dr. Reed Day
Dr. Reed Day
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology