I have left shoulder pain with some tingling in my left thumb. The shoulder pain is not all the time like the thumb tingling?

Dr. David Lipkin

In brief: Pinched nerve neck?

Compression of the 6th cervical nerve as it exits the spinal column can cause shoulder pain and tingling(paresthesias) in the thumb.
The discomfort will often radiate down the arm. The compression can be due to a bulging or herniated disc in the spine, among other causes. To see if your problem is due to nerve compression, or something else, you should see your physician for an exam.

In brief: Pinched nerve neck?

Dr. David Lipkin
Dr. David Lipkin