Does Nasacort (triamcinolone) allergy have cortezone in it? I'm allergic to cortezone

Dr. Vicki Levine
Dermatology

That is a cortisone inhaler.
Why do you say that you are allergic to cortisone?

That is a cortisone inhaler.
Dr. Vicki Levine
Dr. Vicki Levine
Dr. Corey Clay
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Not quite,

However, this is the same family as cortisone. Consult with an Allergist to better define your insensitivity. This will guide safe decisions for future treatment plans.

In brief: Not quite,

Dr. Corey Clay
Dr. Corey Clay
Dr. Duane Gels

In brief: Yes it does, but...

allergy is probably not the term for your experience with exposure to corticosteroids.
Given your orthopedic history, I'm guessing you may have had trouble with a triamcinolone intra-articular (joint) injection, which is used pretty commonly. I'd suggest finding a local allergist who could address your concerns. Be a shame not to be able to use steroid nose sprays for your spring allergies. :)

In brief: Yes it does, but...

Dr. Duane Gels
Dr. Duane Gels