Which is better for anxiety, Remeron or Lexapro (escitalopram). Thanks?

Neither and both. The best med is the one that works for you. Sometimes you do best with a combo of both. I find that Lexapro (escitalopram) helps obsessing and panic better but can have gi side effects and insomnia. Remeron is very sedating and helps calm the stomach, and promotes sleep but can cause weight gain. It might replace some diazepam. I often combine the two.
Anxiety. Actually neither. Both drugs can have side effects of anxiety. Having anxiety is human. Tree stumps do not experience anxiety. Best to get a careful and competent evaluation and not rush to medications for human feelings. Side eff cats can be long lasting and sometimes can be quite serious.