Should my baby be in the same percentile for height and weight?

Dr. Pamela Lindor
In brief: No
No, this is a common misconception! if all children had the same percentile for height and weight, there would be no tall skinny, broad muscular, or short heavy kids! growth percentiles are mostly used to predict and track growth over time.

In brief: No
Dr. Pamela Lindor
Dr. Pamela Lindor
Dr. Michael Engel
Pediatrics - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Not necessarily...
Disproportion is not uncommon as children grow.
The more important factor is whether their individual growth parameters, height, weight and head circumference, are tracking along a given developmental percentage/quartile. Your dr is tracking this info. If you have concerns about growth of your child, please raise it with them. I'm sure they will be happy to discuss these issues with you. Cheers.

In brief: Not necessarily...
Dr. Michael Engel
Dr. Michael Engel
Dr. Zoey Goore
In brief: Percentiles
Usually yes. Occasionally one will be slightly higher then the other.

In brief: Percentiles
Dr. Zoey Goore
Dr. Zoey Goore
Dr. Marcus Degraw
In brief: No
Not necessarily. Every body type is different.
What is more important is how fast each measurement rises on the growth curves. Ask your pediatrician to show you this on your childs growth curves to assess.

In brief: No
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Jonathan Jassey