77yrs. CABG-'98, EF-LV 52%, Mild COPD-'12. Treatment/stable. HDL/LDL, BP, SpO2 normal. Carotid doppler-hemdynamically signifc calcific plaque, 75% ?

Dr. Christian Assad
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Here you go ;)

Eligible pts should be 40-75 years old and have a life expectancy of at least 5 years.
Carotid revascularization is contraindicated when the predicted perioperative risk of stroke or death is >3% for asymptomatic patients or >6% for symptomatic patients. I am attaching an image of the indications for revascularization. Usually preferred by CEA unless contraindications are found. MD to elaborate

In brief: Here you go ;)

Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine