Augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate) did not clear up my child's ear infection she is now on zpack does this mean she built up resistance?

Define resistant. The body is basically like a hotel, where germs come and go and sometimes cause trouble. We pick an antibiotic like a security agent, to get rid of the germ. The germ can resist the security agent (antibiotic) but the hotel is not. People don't become resistant to certain antibiotics, yet the occasional germ they have may be.The next infection, it might work quite well.
Possibly, as some. bacteria are resistant to both Amoxicillin & Augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate) but respond to other antibiotics, but it is possible that they will be effective for a different infection in the future. Several different bacteria cause otitis, and often as a complication of a viral URI or other blockage of the Eustacean tube, ie, allergies or large adenoids, and otitis may not resolve until blockage/URI is cleared.